Monday, July 7, 2008

It is well with my soul

"It Is Well with My Soul" is the song that we sang together in worship at my Aunt Joyce's funeral...just a year ago. As I was traveling down to Jefferson City on that Tuesday I spent the afternoon in worship through singing and prayer. I came across one of my favorite hymns on my Shane and Shane CD. As I was driving I could not stop but listen to the lyrics and think of Aunt Joyce. My lips mouthed the song but I could not sing. I stopped and listen.

"It is well, it is well, with my soul"  I was thinking of all the struggles and pain she has endured and now "It is Well" she is free. My eyes lifted and I started to look at the clouds about that time the song sang these lyrics "And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight, the clouds be rolled back as a scroll; the trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend, even so, it is well with my soul." I was amazed that I found myself singing this song again at her funeral. It almost seemed like God was sending me a big hug. I tired to bellow out the song as hard as I could a few times I was choked up...but for the most part I wanted to sing the song from the depths of my heart. I know that she is dancing with the Angels. I know that there is no more pain for her. We were blessed to have the opportunity to have her in our lives. If you knew Joyce her smile could light up a room. Her gentle spirit could touch you. She was an amazing Godly woman who will always live in my heart as well as many others.

No comments: