Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bittersweet

Well, today marks Broday turning 16years old, I honestly can't believe he is 16 years old. He said to me tonight "Sis can you believe it is my birthday?" It is hard to think this little boy is becoming a young man.


My birthday is tomorrow and the last few years have been hard for me. It is Bittersweet for me. I know that while I am passionate about having b-days....now my heart hurts often because just two years ago, my daddy died. It is hard to celebrate while a piece of my heart deeply is sadden by him not being here. It has been two years but it still hurts, and I wish he could see Brody turning 16 years old, Jamie getting married next month. I wish that Dad would call me or send me a one line email. I wish I could tell him how well i am doing. I made the Dean's List for the second time and I was so happy. I called home and Steve said, "Dad would be so proud". I honestly believe that in my heart, I know he would be so proud.


My prayer is above all that God will bring continued healing to me and my family. It has been a hard few years for my family. I am trusting God to bring us Hope as we trust in him.

2 comments:

TrainMommy said...

Your Daddy is celebrating your birthday with Jesus! How awesome is that?!?! I know it's hard without him though, and hope that you can still have a great birthday. I'll be thinking of and praying for you today friend.

The Mollet Family said...

Happy Birthday Brooke!!! I miss you!